Big Site Redesign
Big Site Redesign
This post has been viewed 5975 times
Email to a Friend
Posted on Tue, Nov 12, 2013
You may have noticed some big changes on the website. Over the past couple months, I've been reorganizing and optimizing how the site works. In particular, I've made it a lot easier for the ever-growing number of videographers to sift through the huge number of songs. Check it out!
- The catalog had grown too large to list every song on the front page, so it's now a filtered list. The left-hand side is the song list, the right-hand are the filters.
- I've added a few topical playlists, including the default "Best Of" list for new people to get started.
- You can now filter songs by genre, moods, age-appropriate content, themes, and tempo.
- You can search for a song title, or lyric snippet.
- The design is responsive, so as your browser window gets smaller, it adjusts the formatting.
- I killed the physical CD store. My CD sales have tailed off to where the pain of running to the post office wasn't worth the profit, while digital sales have grown a lot. If you really need a physical CD, drop me a line.
- I replaced it with a new shopping cart feature on the front page. You can now buy songs for $1 (or $5 albums, or $40 for everything I have). They'll be delivered in a ZIP file, containing regular and instrumental versions, with both MP3 and lossless FLACs.
- There are also buttons at the top of the main page to support me by Patreon or a PayPal donation, if you're feeling especially awesome.
I also simplified the main links to only have the parts I'm actively using. I brought back this blog to give you guys more in the way of long-form communication that can't be summed up in 140 characters.
This is an ongoing project, and I would love to get your feedback on it. What would you like to see, and how can I make this easier for you to use?