Posted on Fri, Jan 25, 2008
Sorry for the dead air over the past couple of months. I've been busy setting up my studio in a new space. I'll blog about that when I get some time, but I finally had some time to finish up a new song! Enjoy...
The guitar was recorded through my Pro Junior, now set up in a different room, which let me set up a microphone in front of the unamplified strings to give me that great jangle. There's also a crunchy guitar that comes in during the big parts in the left speaker and a mellow lead line in parts that you can just barely hear - all recorded with the same setup. There's also a banjo, but you probably wouldn't have noticed it without me saying so. :)
The acoustic drums are in a live room with a spaced overhead arrangement. I'm not totally satisfied with my drum sound yet, but I've got some options to tweak. The sampled drums in the first verse and hidden in the end are EZDrummer's Claustrophobic kit.
The vocals are fairly normal, but I did make one change that I should have been doing all along. My signal chain has been running too hot, and I've been getting some subtle distortion. I backed off the input gain and boosted the out, and suddenly there was a lot more clarity. Live and learn.
You must first create an account to post.